Free Day (Dec. 15, 2019)

Good Late Evening Y'all,

So I had been wishing for pizza since I got to Costa Rica, didnt have the greatest of experiences in San Jose but did this time in San Vito.  I also got a strawberry cream crepe and Vanilla Milkshake,  We left for San Vito this morning at 11:30am and didnt get back till 4:40.  I am beyond full of food that I gorged in town.  It was a cool little experience to shop in their local grocery stores, I was on a quest to find hot cheetos but was unsuccessful, however I did find something similar that will do just fine.  

It was nice to take a break for a few hours to get out of the house and relax, visit, and walk town.  It was so funny though because even though I had been craving pizza so bad we ended up back here at the station for dinner and pizza is what was for dinner.  I no longer want pizza for a very long time and want to get back to these good portion meals they serve here lol.  

A treat that I treasured today was that we got to see the white faced capuchin money.  I was just about to lay down, eat some chips and watch a movie, then I get a text from Jessica saying she has monkeys near her cabin so I texted Corbin and we ran down there and got to see them show off for us and eat a certain palm fruit that had to be eaten like an artichoke.  I feel we were pretty lucky to see that because I couldn't wait to see them and had been unsuccessful and one group had only seen them and I got to see them pretty close up.  

The group that walked to town today had a great time and I do wish I now could have went.  I love hiking but i did need a little break, however, they say a vampire bats roosting area, a snake and koati's.  Just that in itself must've been so awesome but Juan said he would surely show me the bats roosting area tomorrow when we pick up the rest of the cameras.  

By the way I am absolutely excited about tomorrow, I am wearing my ribbon skirt to the field to get an experience how Lucia hikes as much as she does and stays so neat and clean.  We shall see how that works out for me lol.  Then I can't wait to see what we caught on all the trail cams as well, super excited.  Also, Lucia will be demonstrating how she makes her bags from the fiber leaf she demonstrated to us the other day.  I look forward to also hiking with the Ngobe Tribe's Elder, Armano, he will be letting us know many purposes and uses for plants in the jungle.

Good Night, I am going to bed now, I am still beyond stuffed and bloated lol. gonna watch the 6th episode of the Mandalorian first :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing unsaid (Dec. 17, 2019)

Culture Day (Dec. 14, 2019)