The Way Back (Dec. 19, 2019)

Today is departing day from Las Cruces Bio Station,

Man, this was good and yet hard day, we had spent just about 2 weeks here building friendships, family, personal growth, education and professionalism.  It was a bitter sweet feeling that we did what we came here to do, definitely will miss the fresh air, fruits, animals, views, hot, humid but cool air, the rain and freshness of just being in the jungle.  I will also miss the people. 

I don't do very well on bus rides I get motion sickness and it sure doesn't help with windy roads but it wasn't as bad as going through the mountains since we took the coastal route. It was super nice we were able to stop at the resort area and explore the beach and tourist shops. Able to get some gifts for family and friends as well as take pictures on their beautiful beach.  While walking toward the beach I was able to spot a huge Iguana which was on my list to check off to see before we left Costa Rica.  Another on my list was a sloth but unfortunately I didn't but some did as we were driving past many trees along side the road.  Then we did see some red macaws, they were beautiful and got to see crocodiles along the bridge laying on the sand bar. 

We made it to the hotel and had our last dinner with everyone.  It was so hard to say our farewells to another, we literally became a family and was hard to leave them but wished everyone good luck to their futures and we will see each other again, at least keep up with another's success via social media.  It was especially hard to say goodbye to Juan as that's who I had spent the most time with and was most inspired by and saw him as a role of a big brother this whole time.  I very much do wish him the best of everything, I know he will continue to do great and wonderful things in this life.  I can't wait to see where it all takes him and I will be that person that say "I KNOW HIM, HE IS LIKE  A BIG BROTHER TO ME, BEST MENTOR HANDS DOWN".

A huge thank you to you Juan I wouldn't have succeeded here if it weren't for your guidance, knowledge and how inspiring and passionate you are that made me even more committed to our project and purpose on this trip.  I will definitely miss you. :)

I am ready to go home to my babies <3



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing unsaid (Dec. 17, 2019)

Culture Day (Dec. 14, 2019)

Free Day (Dec. 15, 2019)