Culture Day (Dec. 14, 2019)

I know I know,

1 day late for my blog, I was so excited about experiencing another cultural day with the Indigenous Peoples.  But before we get into that Juan and I had a busy day.  We began to work on our poster for Wednesdays presentation, it was really awesome to learn and observe Juan create the map for the Biological center with the QGIS software. I decided to go with a green scheme since Juan mentioned his favorite color is green but I am still playing with the poster so we won't know the final product till tuesday night.  I am super excited to get all the cameras by monday and analyze our captured images and videos.  

It was a half day of work and then culture day for the other half. I forgot what the plant was called but it looked like a green potato that was shaved down with a grater and squeezed the juice out of it.  It should usually seep for a few hours and be a good temporary ink for your skin.  I got mine done and it didnt show almost at all, but it represented a snakes fang and underneath a turtles shell.  which is pretty cool.  He also added a black band so that the design is able to be seen from afar, and did another really beautiful design on my upper arm.  After I was done, Lucia the Indigenous Craftmaker of the Ngobe Tribe wanted me to try on one of her dresses to get a closer experience to walk around in it and it was actually really nice, their patchwork on their dress really reminded me of the Seminole Tribes Patchwork it is just very detailed and beautiful, I couldnt stop admiring it.  

I wanted to take a group picture with the Indigenous Group and they all agreed to it, I was so glad to have had the opportunity to do so and in their womens traditional wear, what an honor that was.  As for the group CRIRE Picture I brought 2 ribbon skirts to wear here at the station and another on when we go to the beach, We also got to take a picture with the Yakama Nation Flag my leaders provided me to represent which is just so great.  I had such a great day today, full of sharing culture, learning and respecting one another. 

Before going to bed Aldwin and I got to live stream the UFC fight 245 and finish THE SHINING since he never before watched it lol.  

:)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing unsaid (Dec. 17, 2019)

Free Day (Dec. 15, 2019)